Is a Civil War Brewing in America?
Are Cracks in the Fabric of our Society Pointing to a Civil War?
Listening to the daily news it sounds like a civil war is brewing in this country. We may be blaming it on this election circus but there’s more to it than that. For a number of years people have been dividing along lines based on their core beliefs. There was a time when most Americans shared these basic standards but the split is deep-seated now. Compromise seems unlikely.
Historians say it is increasingly becoming like it was just before the Civil War when citizens divided into extreme camps and each had distrust and dislike for the other.
Will everything settle down after this election? It’s unlikely. Whoever moves into the White House will be facing a large percentage of our fellow Americans who launch fierce attacks at them. This will make it almost impossible for the winner to accomplish much. They will literally be under siege and facing the prospect of a civil war.
What do you Stand for?
Now this blog is not intended to take sides politically. We will not name who we think you should vote for or discuss who we are voting for. We have, however, made it plain what our core principles are:
- A government that puts its citizens first and protects them both at home and abroad.
- A strong military that honors and backs our fighting men and women and gives them the necessary rules of engagement, equipment and supplies they need.
- Strong support for police with the right to protect themselves against terrorists and criminals.
- Honor, support, and medical care for our veterans.
- Secure borders to stop illegal immigration while encouraging legal immigration only for law-abiding people who want to become useful, responsible citizens who believe in our laws.
- Freedom to practice our religious beliefs as long as they do not incite terrorism or criminality.
- Freedom to choose our medical care, our children’s schools or homseschooling, and our employment without fear of reprisals.
- Freedom from unnecessary government regulations. Many thousands of recent regulations need to be repealed for businesses to succeed.
We will vote for the candidate who has addressed these issues. Above all, don’t just sit out this election because you don’t care personally for either candidate. Vote for the one that comes closest to sharing your core principles.
What happens after the election? If the winner tries to use tricky means to govern against the wishes of the people, they will lose support and be the target of impeachment movements that paralyze the country. Even worse, they will face popular uprisings or an actual civil war which keeps the president busy putting out fires rather than governing in an effective manner. What little prestige we have left in the world will diminish even more.
What Can We Do?
In the face of all the above, what can you do? Do what we’ve been saying all along. Prepare for whatever comes. Get your food supply ready, become as self-sufficient as possible, and learn skills that may be vital for your future survival.
Above all, don’t lose heart! America has faced hard times before.